Tonight we have the honor of recognizing and celebrating West Michigan’s Unheralded Heroes – Everyday People Changing the Community Through Their Work and Actions.
As a community leader in health care education and advocacy, the Alliance for Health is hosting a celebration to honor individuals and organizations in the community who have stood out as heroes through their work and actions.
This celebration, the first annual West Michigan Salutes Health Heroes, is scheduled for Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at Bridgewater Place from 6:00 – 10:00 p.m. with the VIP reception beginning at 5:00 p.m. The Alliance for Health needs your help in recognizing these individuals.
Free parking is located in the Bridgewater ramp. Proceed to the Scribner entrance of the Bridgewater parking structure and follow the signs to level C.
Do you know an individual or organization that goes above and beyond the norm to promote health and helps those in need to create positive, healthy change in their community? If so, this individual or group is someone we want to hear about. Hero nomination categories are as follows:
- Organizational hero – organization that has made a significant contribution to health/health care in 2010.
- Rising hero – up and coming professional, already starting to leave an imprint on the health/health care profession.
- Regional hero – individual/organization making a significant contribution to the West Michigan region.
- Innovation hero – individual/organization providing innovative solutions to today’s health/health care problems.
- Every day hero – consumer who has overcome daunting health challenge to give back in inspiring ways.
- Unsung hero – an individual whose daily service and actions impacts those within health care.
Once nominations are collected, a board of area professionals involved in the West Michigan health field will select the recipients of each category. Winners will be announced and profiled in the Grand Rapids Press prior to the official event.