As a community leader in health care education and advocacy, the Alliance for Health is hosting a celebration to honor individuals and organizations in the community who have stood out as heroes through their work and actions.
Hero nomination categories are as follows:
- Organizational hero – organization that has made a significant contribution to health/health care in 2010.
- Rising hero – up and coming professional, already starting to leave an imprint on the health/health care profession.
- Regional hero – individual/organization making a significant contribution to the West Michigan region.
- Innovation hero – individual/organization providing innovative solutions to today’s health/health care problems.
- Every day hero – consumer who has overcome daunting health challenge to give back in inspiring ways.
- Unsung hero – an individual whose daily service and actions impacts those within health care.
Our panel of distinguished judges determined the recipients or finalists based on how well the individual or organization contributed to the improvement and promotion of health to others within West Michigan. What is it that they do to encourage others to do the same? What inspires or inspired this individual or organization to make a difference in their community?
Our heroes are:
EVERY DAY HERO
Pam and Terry Roach
ORGANIZATIONAL HERO (3 Finalists)
Catherine’s Health Center
Health Intervention Services
West Michigan Therapy Dogs
Mary Free Bed Guild
Our judges are:
1. Micki Benz, Saint Mary’s Health Care
2. Jim Childress, Michigan Blood
3. Dr. Peter Coggan, Grand Rapids Medical Education Partners
4. Tom Frost, Huntington Bank
5. Tom Hanley, Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital
6. Paul Keep, Grand Rapids Press
7. Val Lego, WZZM 13
8. Brian Quist, KCI
9. Jennifer VanSkiver, North Ottawa Community Health System